During International Peace day/week and “10 days Free from Violence” (September 18-27, 2020), TCNV is sponsoring an essay contest for Minnesota school students (Grades 9-12). Students are invited to write an essay that answers the following question:
How can systemic violence, injustice, and inequality against Black people and other marginalized communities be eradicated with nonviolent actions?
The three winning entries from all submissions will be selected by the judges to receive the following awards:
1ST PLACE: $500 2ND PLACE: $300 3RD PLACE: $200
Winners will be contacted by September 18, 2020 and invited to attend virtually “10 DAYS FREE FROM VIOLENCE” campaign conclusion on Sunday, September 27, 2020.
- Who is eligible: Minnesota students entering grades 9-12, fall 2020
- What is required: 750-word maximum essay that addresses the above question, plus a short biography including: name, age, school, grade, phone/email, and why you chose to enter this contest.
- Email essay and biography (in Word or PDF format) to: email@example.com
- Deadline: August 31, 2020
- TCNV will reserve all rights to use all the submissions
- Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.