During International Peace day/week and “10 days Free from Violence” (September 18-27, 2020), TCNV is sponsoring an essay contest for Minnesota adult residents. You are invited to write an essay that answers the following question:
How can the punishment for any wrongdoing be replaced with nonviolent actions at all levels of government, agencies, businesses, families, education establishments, and institutions?
The three winning entries from all submissions will be selected by the judges for 1ST, 2ND, and 3RD places. Winners will be awarded appreciation plaques, and TCNV will donate $1,000 to a charity working for Black Lives Matter. Entries must be submitted before August 31, 2020.
Winners will be contacted by September 18, 2020 and invited to attend virtually “10 DAYS FREE FROM VIOLENCE” campaign conclusion on Sunday, September 27, 2020.
- Who is eligible: Minnesota adults age 18 and above.
- What is required: 750-word maximum essay that addresses the above question, plus a short biography including: name, phone/email, and why you chose to enter this contest.
- Email essay and biography (in Word or PDF format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: August 31, 2020
- TCNV will reserve all rights to use all the submissionsPlease email: email@example.com for any questions.