We are less than three weeks away from “10 Days Free From Violence.” So exciting.
- Next Collaborators’ meeting: Wednesday, September 12, 2018. FNVW, Central Midway Building, 393 Dunlap Road North., Suite 307, Saint Paul 55104. This is our last meeting before the events begin. This is when we will be fine tuning the process.
- Poster boards will be available for pick up for every event. Please use these at your event to have participants sign the poster boards. Then bring these posters to our closing ceremony on Sunday, September 30, 2018. We will put all of them together to form the backdrop of the closing ceremony of “10 Days Free From Violence.” We hope you will be able to donate magic markers for participants to sign in
- Printed calendars and flyers are available for pick up at the following locations:
- FNVW, Central Midway Building, 393 Dunlap Road North., Suite 307, Saint Paul 55104
- MN Zen Meditation Center, 3343 East Calhoun Parkway, Minneapolis 55408
- Voter Registration for your event – Please contact Sharon Slettehaugh, from the League of Women Voters to let her know if you would like them to set up the registration at your event or if you will handle it on your own.
- Julie Penshorn, author, has written a song with Jack Doepke, “I Can See, I Can Be, I Can Wage… Peace”. The rough draft is on YouTube. She has given permission for you to use this song, just mention that she and Jack wrote it and that she has a new book that will be released on September 21 called I Can See Peace.
Following is a message that you can send to all of your collaborators:
I’m writing to share a great community opportunity with you: 10 Days Free from Violence, a 10-day menu of over 60 peace events to foster collaboration for nonviolence in the Twin Cities. We hope that you will attend as many events as you can, especially our Opening Gathering of Nations for Peace and Unity Circle Dedication event at Bde Maka Ska on Sat., Sept. 22nd at 9:00am and our Closing Ceremony at 2:00pm on Sun., Sept. 30th (see the calendar for more details). We humbly ask that you stand in solidarity with us. People all over the world are pledging solidarity with our efforts, including Arun Gandhi, Gandhi’s grandson; Dr. Makaziwe “Maki” Mandela, Nelson Mandela’s daughter from Johannesburg, South Africa; and Scott Witte, contractor at the McMurdo Research Station in Antarctica!
Please share with great enthusiasm our flyer and press release for 10 Days Free from Violence. We’ve drawn our inspiration from Carbondale Nonviolent and the dedication to peace of Fr. Harry Bury, who worked alongside Mother Teresa in Calcutta and was awarded the key to Ho Chi Minh City for his efforts to end the Vietnam War.
T-shirts are now for sale for the Bde Maka Ska event. Every sale will help us fund other events for Twin Cities Nonviolent. Our goal is to have voter registration at each of our events!
Twin Cities Nonviolent is an idea whose time has come! We’re creating a ripple effect of nonviolence, recognizing that peace literacy is not just a goal, but a skill set—and weaving together support organizations to significantly reduce violence in all forms in our area.
Please join us! #WeCanWagePeace
See you Wednesday, September 12, 2018