We thought you would like to know about these events. While we are not responsible for these events, they are related to the mission of Twin Cities Nonviolent.
Songs of Struggle and Social Critique with activist folksinger, BEN GROSSCUP
November 24, 2018 Faith Mennonite Church, 2720 East 22nd Street, Minneapolis, 7pm – 9pm. Ben’s powerful voice and energetic guitar-style inspire action toward a freer
society. His songs pull at your heart, provoke laughter and critical
conversation, and make no apology for a biting critique of the social order.
He sings at concerts, rallies, and picket lines. Having grown up in the Twin
Cities Peace Movement, he now lives in Western Massachusetts. Two sets,
with an intermission, will address climate justice, anti-racism, healthcare,
war & peace, worker & immigrant rights, and revolution. Suggested donation $10-$20. Questions: 612-722-1504; email@example.com
Aane Fosse, musician and composer, will be interviewed on KBEM (88.5) on September 26 at 8:20am. Aane will be premiering his composition, “Let It Begin With Me” with the 4 Peace Band featuring Patricia Lacy on Saturday, September 29, 2018 7pm at the Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church, Mpls as part of “10 Days Free From Violence.”
- Nurturing a Positive & Unified Community - WHERE: Minnesota Chippewa Tribe Building 1308 East Franklin Avenue Minneapolis, Minnesota CLICK BELOW TO SEE THE EVENT FLYER WITH TIMES AND DATES https://twincitiesnonviolent.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/calendar.docx Building on the work of many organizations and individuals in our diverse Community, join us on this journey of asking powerful questions about our community’s strengths and assets that will unite us … Continue reading Nurturing a Positive & Unified Community
- Peace Education - 23 October, Roseville
- STAR-Lite Training: Learning Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience in a Single Day - Saturday, April 13, 2019, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. MN Department of Corrections Central Office, 1450 Energy Park Drive, St. Paul, MN 55108 Pay what you can.STAR-Lite is a single-day, evidence-based training integrating neuropsychology, trauma healing and resilience, restorative justice, nonviolent conflict transformation, and broadly defined spirituality. All are welcome to join us at this … Continue reading STAR-Lite Training: Learning Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience in a Single Day
- The Collaborator’s Meeting For March is this Wednesday, the 27th. - For our March 27th collaborator’s meeting, Spiritual Director Pam Winthrop Lauer will give us a preview us a preview of the power of Nonviolent Communication, which she will be sharing with us during this summer’s 10-days Free From Violence. See flyer below for details. This is also a monthly collaborators meeting for the purpose of … Continue reading The Collaborator’s Meeting For March is this Wednesday, the 27th.
- This Nonviolent Life: No Separation - Friday April 19, 2019 “The world is not a problem to be solved; it is a living being to which we belong. The world is part of our own self and we are a part of its suffering wholeness. Until we go to the root of our image of separateness, there can be no healing. … Continue reading This Nonviolent Life: No Separation